Monday, November 24, 2008

Friendsgiving

The rest of the country may be celebrating the national day of tryptophan and thanks on Thursday, but my holiday was yesterday.  I spent my Sunday (and Saturday) cooking Thanksgiving dinner for 50-60 people.  Scout's honor.  

I have pictures to prove it.


This is Kenneth.  He kisses me on the cheek every time he sees me.  Mmhmm.


"I better get a husband out of this."


Stephanie, my right hand woman.  Seriously, the best kitchen help a girl could wish for.


This is Cubbie.  I just... There are no words.


A man and his bird.  Jason cooked the two 20-lb. turkeys at two different houses and kicked some serious turkey tail.  Those babies were deelish.

Kudos to the turkey master.


The spread.  Ie: five heads of lettuce, forty pounds of turkey, 20 pounds of potatoes, ten pounds of corn, three pounds of butter, sweet potatoes, stuffing, 100 rolls, half a gallon of gravy, and TONS of love.


This lights my heart up. And then reminds me of all the dishes I have sitting in my sink.

Happy Thanksgiving.

5 comments:

Reeni said...

Aww, how sweet! And great spread, yummy.

Suz Broughton said...

You're gorgeous. You cook (and bake). You're generous AND you do the dishes? How you don't have a line of potential husbands is beyond me. Maybe there is some sort of super natural husband black hole in your part of LA. That's the only explaination.

Anonymous said...

You're such a good friend and sweet woman! I wish I could have been there.

Rindy R said...

God Bless you! Cooking for 10 is hard work - what you did is considered, in some parts, a MIRACLE!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

How fun this looked. Just one year I'd like to get out of the same rut with the family. I know they would freak out if I tried....