Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Favorite

I think sometimes I forget how much of a rule-breaker God is... I go along living my life, trying desperately to keep everything within very neat parameters and stay in order when all he wants to do is set me loose.



I don't think I've ever known how playful God is-- how sweet and tender he is... How rich his laugh is... How hilarious he can be... Until lately. His affection is like sweet rain on this heart of mine. I find myself sparkling and relaxing beneath the shelter of his care. He's so sweet to me... We were laughing together (!) the other night, and very suddenly I heard myself say, "You're my best friend!" How many times have I said and written and sang those words, and really wanted to mean them? But when they bubbled out of my soul that night, there was no denying their very real truth. He's my favorite. And I am his!

I just love being with him...! So if you'll excuse me, I have some loving to do!

No comments: