Tuesday, June 17, 2008

5

Auntie tagged me! So settle in with your favorite snack for a little light afternoon reading... Here goes!



Five things in my purse:


2. A pink and green grosgrain ribbon from a present my Alabama mommy gave me

3. Tanning bed goggles (I haven't been to a tanning bed in two years-- honest!-- but for some reason these are still knocking around in my handbag)

4. My pale blue and gold crocodile Abas wallet

5. A seashell from my last weekend at the beach


Five favorite things in my room:

Romance.


Nightstand. (Journal, Bible, diamond ring, steel airplane...)


Love notes pinned to the wall above my bed sing over me as I sleep.
"His banner over me is love..."

Five things I've always wanted to do:

1. Be recognized as, "Hey, that's that actress..."

2. Eat a fried Oreo.

3. Slow dance with the man I love.

4. Lay on the floor of the Sistine Chapel.

5. Sing harmony with Coldplay.


Five things I'm currently into:

1. Wearing my crazy sixties work hair in public. I won't lie, I've been a little tempted to start teasing my hair on my days off...

2. Ditto with the control top pantyhose-- can I wear those to the beach?

3. The vegan caesar wrap at Real Food Daily.

4. Evening the tan on my shoulders.

5. Vive la Vida. Just... Just get it.


Five impressions of Auntie:

Glamorous. Sly and impossibly cool. Big, warm heart that you don't expect. Made me feel like I actually belonged in this family during those wonderful teenage identity crisis years... Just... cool!


Next is Six Quirks. Here are mine:



1. There are only two foods that I absolutely CANNOT eat: figs and ginger flavored anything.

2. I've never owned a hoodie sweatshirt in my life... And I don't intend on changing that.

3. I have the type of handwriting I think should be used for writing love notes.

4. My mom used to call me all kinds of little nicknames... Jessica Rose, sweet girl, kitty cat... I miss that.

5. My red velvet cake is the best I've ever eaten. I'm not ashamed to say it.

6. I've had the same best friend since I was two. And she seriously still rocks my world with how wonderful she is-- I am OUTRAGEOUSLY blessed!

5 comments:

J said...

I love this!
The wallet- I love you for that link!
The mommy name calling- GAH. Fill my heart why don't you?
Red Velvet- you'll be making it for me when we visit hahaha :)

brad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nannette said...

SOOOOOOOO interesting about the fig and ginger deal. Good to know so I never make you any ginger infused fig bars. Hardeeharhar.

Thank you for the five wonderfully positive impressions (I'm taking sly as a positive). You warm my heart over and over.

Anton Seim said...

Viva La Vida is one of the most amazing albums I've ever heard.

Blackberry Cinderella said...

Viva la vida is just genious... and I love that idea: singing armony with coldplay...
did you go to any of their current concerts in L.A?
I missed them out!