Saturday, June 28, 2008

kitchenaid

Wandering into my darkened kitchen last night, I headed straight for the fridge to sneak a midnight snack before bed. I passed the counter, sink, stove, and went to open the door to the icebox when my eye snagged on an unusual shadow lurking in the bowl of my pink Kitchen Aid mixer. My head jerked back to the counter where the jewel in my confectionary dower rests in all its glory, and peered into the deep silver bowl... This is what I saw.



It's enough to make a girl jump straight out of her nightgown! Or at least lose her cereal all over the kitchen floor. (And no, that's not a euphemism...)



I have no idea what in heaven's name it was, but he had these terrifying long red antennae and big red beady eyes festooned on his lanky, electric green body. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate some long legs, but six of them is where I draw the line.

After shrieking (and snapping a few pap pics... Natch.) I shuttled the whole thing to my bathroom window and attempted to heave his tiny green body into the open air. At first he was having nothing of it, but after I almost sent the entire bowl crashing into my neighbor's window he disappeared. Satisfied, I returned to the kitchen for my snack and went to bed.

The next morning I looked up from brushing my teeth to see my long-legged friend perched on the wall above my bathroom mirror. So I killed him with a sanitary napkin.

Don't hate. Obviously he had boundary issues.

But here are some pictures of other things that have come out of my pink Kitchen Aid recently that will hopefully erase the mental image of a spindly green bug being smashed to smithereens beneath an Always Overnight.


Cupcakes au natural.


Caramel and chocolate chip


Care for a cookie?

2 comments:

Suz Broughton said...

What a way to go...but he was asking for it!
Suz

oh, and YUM!

Anonymous said...

Handle Me by Robyn has one of the most interesting rhythms I've heard in a long time. I've been playing it for months, but not because it's any sort of anthem for me...

Plus the video is out of control.